Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 24, 2017, 05:51:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  qmlanguagecentre.on-rev.com
|-+  Academic Writing
| |-+  Cohesion and Coherence
| | |-+  peer teacher ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: peer teacher ??  (Read 1692 times)
frenchyflo

Email
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »

hey guys !

could you help me to define what a "peer teacher" is ?

by using the passive voice (just kidding !)

thanks

Flo
eaptutor1
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »

How about this, Flo: "Practice in which students take on a teaching role in a school setting in order to share their knowledge with other students." (definition from the 'Glossary of Education' at www.education.com)

So, "A person who is taught by his fellow students. Moreover, the peer teacher's fellow students are also taught by him or her, even though they are equals;" (a definition with two examples of the passive voice) :D

More seriously, do you enjoy interacting with your classmates in this way? Or do you prefer to get all your instruction/feedback from the teacher?

What do people think?
michelle

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »

I think interacting with other students is a good way to learn too. Trying to explain something to an other person is sometimes more difficult thant we could think.

But if we succeed in doing this, It shows that we master this subect and that we understand it.
But sometimes (I would rather say often, very often) we need a teacher to explain !
jnicolas

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »

I really like interacting with other students as a peer teacher, because everytime I did it, it helped me to understand my lessons because when you can explain it, you know what you are talking about and what are your weaknesses on the subject.

However the teacher remains essential to give further information we may not know or explains the subject in a different way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: